Thursday, February 12, 2009

Eye Versus Brain

This post would be interesting. It is all about my game last Thursday against Wesly Situ a kid has just joined at Reno Chess Club. Actually, I'm teaching this one too, it is pretty exciting to play your students at the tournament in the sense that you have to "schooled" and show them that you are stronger than what they think.

This game is actually not a favorite game at our club but it did attract alot of expectorates during that match, the highlight part of this is when Alsasua and Case (both expert players) were pondering at my board deeply and start shaking their heads while crunching their foreheads, that was funny because they were showing me that they don't get the point of my move!

I put Eye Versus Brain as a tittle for this post is because simply, in Chess we shouldn't always rely on what we see on the board it is because the pieces and all materials on that surface can be deceiving, it is better to rely on your theory, principles and sometimes instinct of playing Chess than relying to your eye vision. I mentioned about "physical vision" of the Chess position here because it is quite related at my game, whereas I sacrificed at least 4 pieces including my queen!


After 16. ... h4

Book theory ended prior to black's 16th move, from here you can see how this game goes, it is simply exploiting the white side's weak move by using the combination. White continued by playing 17. h3? and actually black can easily exploit that one by playing the normal 17. ... Bxh3, but I don't wanna win after 40 or 30 moves with accurate play.

Well, here is the starting position when the combination take place.


after 24. cxd6


I know that all players at the Chess Club expected me to win this game and I have no question about it, some players like this game it is not because of the score 0-1 it is because how I skillfully delivered the combination. This Game reminds me the National Geographic Channel where Fox was tearing the body of a cab, it is so pathetic. Click here to play the game


9 comments:

  1. Very deep! Most people would find it very difficult to ignore what they see in front of them and look for a deeper reasoning behind the moves. It takes complex study and therory to be able to pull this kind of game off successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how does black win if instead of 21.b4? white plays the natural rg1?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. frenez, that is the way to go I guess, but I still like black after 21. Rg1 Bd7 22.b4 axb4 23.axb4 h3 24.Qc2 Kg7 25.Nf1 h2 26.Rg2 Bh3 27.Rxh2 Rh8! and I think this position is enough to call as winning for black, right?

    Thanks by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. certainly it's much easier to play black ...
    b4 and qc2 seem like going in the wrong direction. what about rg1 bd7 nf1 h3 nh2 ... seems like white can consolidate and if he can walk his king to the other side ... seems playable

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup! that is quite playable, but in my own opinion at the very least at this position I have the Initiative, Space, Attacking chances and most important of all I am so much comfortable playing this type of position. May I know who am I talking to?

    ReplyDelete
  7. my name is tim. i enjoy analyzing to stay active but that's about the extent of it. btw, i did not mean to diminish the very nice combination, that's something you can be proud of for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comments Tim and I hope that one day we can play together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dont really understand 31. ... Rh5 isn't 31. ... Rg2+ 32. Kh3 Rg3+ 33. Kh2 Rh8 mate not much easier to play in that position?

    ReplyDelete