Sunday, February 8, 2009

Playing with student.

The Reno Chess Club Championship Had started three weeks ago, at the first week I had a BYE which given me more time to relax and take my time to switch my focus from somewhere to Chess Board.

My First game was fun, that was January 29, 2009 I played Mr. Amaya Mauricio (one of my students) actually he is the last person that I played last year and the first person I played this year, that's funny.

Well, I kept thinking what line I should play against the person that almost all of repertoire is from his upcoming opponent. Before that game we met for the class and do things what we usually do and I told him that no matter what happen "just don't deviate" play the line that you leaned from me and play your chess, forget who is me and try to crash me as best as you can.

I came at the Chess Club ready to play him and also I am ready for the line that I want to play, he is there already and calmly shook my hand, we shared some jokes before we started and eventually pressed the clock. I started my first move with 1. e4 and he answered 1. ... c5 then we continued 2. Nf3 d6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nf6 5. Nc3 g6 6. Be3 Bg7 7. f3 Nc6 8. Bc4 0-0 9. Qd2 Bd7 10. 0-0-0 Rc8 11. Bb3 Ne5 12. h4 h5 13. Bg5 Rc5 now we reached the Sicilian Dragon Soltis Variation. Here, white has (g4, Kb1, Bh6, Rdg1 and Rhe1) I played the Rhe1, the line that is not that so familiar compare to g4 and Bh6. I chose this one for simple reason, first this is my real line and second I am just putting him in the test trying to find out if he grasped all of lessons that we've dicussed. Then, 14. Rhe1 I know that there is only one competitive move here 14. ... b5! after this move I prepared myself for a tougher game and not understamating him, actually, Black has two options here the text or the less favourite 14. ... Qa5 but that one takes a lot of studies and base on my studies I like the 14. ... b5 a lot.



And the game continued with heavy error free and I would say he played better compare as he played before, it makes me happy because now I know that I am helping him.

I will post our game here with complete analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment